Dear Aggieland Safari patrons and guests,
For the 2020 season, we want to announce several safety guidelines we have put in place to help ensure that everyone who comes to our park has a healthy, happy, and safe time.
These guidelines are subject to change as needed. We will be monitoring the traffic at the zoo and everyone’s experience and may make changes. Please check back on our website to see if we have changed anything before your next visit to the park. We are striving to offer a safe experience when visiting the park.
We look forward to seeing you on Safari soon!
Aggieland Wild Animal Safari Management
There is an inherent risk to COVID-19 exposure in any public location where people are present. By visiting Aggieland Wild Animal Safari, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Please do not come to the park if you are sick or have a fever.
If you do not feel comfortable coming to the park then please don't. Stay home until you do feel comfortable with the guidelines that have been put in place.
While we will still sell tickets at our ticket booth, you can purchase them online as well in order to expedite the entry process. Those with advanced tickets will enter in a separate line. We encourage you to use the online tickets options because you also get a discount!
Please respect other people's distance. Do not crowd walkways or intersections. Please observe any crowding guidelines posted outside the washroom. Please use common sense to help keep everyone safe.
We have a separate entrance and exit to help with social distancing.
We have wide counters at all ticket and retail locations.
We have marked off safe standing distances at the front entrance and have a covered outdoor standing area as well.
Hand sanitizer is available at every cash register and animal feed station, as well as several other places in the park.
Our feed stations will still be open but we ask that you please use sanitizer or wash your hands before feeding our animals. Also, only food purchased at the park can be used to feed the animals.
We are limiting the seating on bus tours and will have hand sanitizer that we ask you to use before getting on the bus.
We at Aggieland Safari are concerned about the health and well-being of all our visitors, and are taking proactive steps to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus. Aggieland Safari is following protocols based on the interim guidance provided by the CDC regarding the COVID -19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
· Actively encouraging sick employees to stay home
· Sending any employee home that may have symptoms of acute respiratory illness
· Promoting proper hand washing and hygiene
· Promoting proper coughing/sneezing etiquette
· Disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We have also implemented additional strategies to help prevent spread and exposure of COVID-19 as well as other respiratory illnesses:
· Staff members working inside enclosed areas & approaching cars are required to wear face masks.
· No more than 10 people will be allowed inside enclosed areas (such as the gift shop and animal barn) at one time.
· Drive-thru Safari feed will no longer be provided in buckets and will instead be provided in disposable paper bags.
· Buckets for giraffe & tortoise lettuce are thoroughly disinfected after each use.
· Pens & surfaces are disinfected between each guest.
· Hand washing stations & sanitizer are available at the ticket booth for guests to utilize.
We encourage all guests of our facility to take steps and be responsible for their own personal hygiene as we continue our efforts to prevent and limit the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses. For more information about COVID-19 and other communicable illnesses, please consult the Center for Disease Control or CDC website at www.cdc.gov
Learn more about ticket sales and to purchase your tickets for the Drive Thru Safari!
See this week's hours of operation.
Find answers to your questions regarding past and future ticket purchases.
Copyright © 2019 Aggieland Safari - All Rights Reserved.